We were split into 3 groups so it was easy to move around each of the activity and the kids got the chance to play golf ten pin bowling, getting the golf ball into a target area, chip the ball into the score slots and play the 6 hole golf course.
The kids first task was to get some target practice in, they got points dependent on which area the golf ball stopped in. This game was all about controlling the balls and hitting it at the right pace. They got 3 balls each to have a go and they all managed to get a decent score.
Next up was the golf bowling which they were all excited to try out, you had to hit the ball as hard and fast as you could to knock the pins down. Each of the pins had a number on, so you got a score, we managed a respectable score between the 4 of us, the kids really enjoyed this one.
All 3 of the kids loved the 6 hole golf course and they spent a lot of time playing it after the guided session. I couldn't get them off it in time to go home. The staff on hand were amazing with the children and really patient. Mr C couldn't get the hang of turning his hands backwards to hold the club, so ended up playing more like croquet!
The last activity we all tried out was the chipping balls into the score nets. We all got 3 tries each but none of us managed the technique! We scored a big fat zero on this game, but the kids loved having a go anyway. We were served a delicious lunch of open sandwiches and hot chips and left with a rather fab goodie bag for each of the kids.
Online Golf has also compiled 5 top tips from their team about why kids should get into golf:
- More kids can play golf! For golf you don't have to be tall, strong or fast or lean. Successful golfers come in all shapes, sizes and ages.
- It's low-risk! Chances of injuries in golf are very small to non-existent compared to other popular sports like football or rugby. Being no-contact, golf is a very safe, respectful sport.
- It's healthy! Golf is an outdoors sport giving kids the opportunity to exercise al fresco whilst enjoying nature.
- It creates bonds with friends & family! Whether your kid plays golf with family members, friends or takes lessons with a pro, mentoring and playing together will create unique and close bonds that will last a lifetime.
- Your kid will learn important life lessons! Playing golf, kids will experience highs and lows, from the first hole-in-one or birdie to a misplaced shot in a bunker. Golf will teach your kid that though we can't always win, we always have another shot in life and skill comes with practice.
Thanks For Reading